I went to visit my old highschool today... pretty crazy stuff. I was so nervous for some reason but when I got through it, I was really glad I went to visit. Everything looked the same! The lockers, the paint, even the teachers :) I checked out the year 2000 graduate picture then my brother’s graduation picture then re-read the scholarship plaque with my name on it. I waited for the lunch bell to ring, which was at 11:38am... I still don't know why they have it at 11:38... and not like at 12 or 11:30... but that's my school~.
I spoke to Mrs. McAteer then Mrs. Neuinheius (sp?) and then Mr. McLeash (sp?). Sadly ROB McLeash didn't remember my name... called me a "stranger" but I guess I can settle for him recognizing me :) Mrs. McAteer was the best... she turned around and said "OOH MY GOSH! HI RACHEL!!"... with a big smile. It was such a great feeling to be recognized. I couldn't stay long to chat since I had to drop by another family friend's house near by but nevertheless I am really glad I found the courage to go walk down the memory lane :) at least I would call it that...
I think I'd recommend it to all those graduated from highschool to go back and see... see how different it feels...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home