Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Continuation from my email...

Valentine's day
Today was a Valentine's day... as I like to call it V-day aka Single Awareness day.
Anyhoo, I covered a lot of my day on an email... sorry for those who missed it but life goes on... so I wanted to talk about the more serious stuff...
What makes people happy?
I was really giving this a thought... maybe we all did at least once in our life time...
Before today began I thought of what would make my valentine's day perfect... If I got flowers, presents, special dinner or something fancy, expensive or thoughtful, would that make it a great v-day? In the end of all that thought, I really honestly thought that if my day ended with nothing but a valentine's hug... I would be content(?) with my day... I didn't say happy but I think I could be happy too. I can't explain it... maybe I am getting old and just having someone I love near by is good enough?

Vish surprised me with tickets to see "The Wedding Singer" musical today... and how appropriate since it IS a Valentine's day... before they started the show, the introducer(?) told us that one of the audience is asking his gf to marry him... and she said yes... it was a really cool way to start the show... But SERIOUSLY to tell you the truth... it made me feel very uncomfortable seeing all those actors and actresses proposing on stage... I don't know why I can't just take simple things as simple but all I know is that EVERY single one of the audiences were paired up in twos.... it was like if you are single don't even BOTHER coming out on V-day...I hope single ppl didn't feel like that...

Anyway, I really have no point... I just wanted to say that V-day is over-rated and not because I didn't get my puppy [yes I secretely wanted a puppy]... :( :( :(

I was going to put something deep and thoughtful at the end of this blog... but then I thought, who am I to say something like that... everyone should just find their own special someone and if we don't then that's still okay because we create happiness for ourselves... right? :)

4 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Justin Ng said...

Valentines Day sucks!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Nick said...

This is Ryan writing as Nick.

Happy V day to you. As a bonus, V-Day, can also be Vish Day :)

So... ummm yay for Rachel's blog update.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Uhhh... how did ryan get my account?? or, do you even need a password to put a comment as someone? And then there's the question, why did ryan post under my name?? i'm so confused... anyways, hope everyone had a great v-day... how deep..

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Of course we create happiness for ourselves.
You ultimately make yourself happy even if it is someone else that you think makes you happy.

When you say, "just being with you makes me happy" it really means "i make myself happy when i am with you".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home